Mobile Deposit is a service that Campus Credit Union (CCU) offers to its membership to deposit checks through the CCU mobile application. Members of CCU who are over the age of 16 and have a checking or savings account in good standing are eligible for the Mobile Deposit service.
Terms and Conditions:
- Internet Banking must be activated on the account.
- Download the CCU Mobile application for any Android or IOS phone or tablet.
- An active email address must be provided to receive notifications and alerts.
- No fee will be charged for each successful Mobile Deposit item within the CCU Mobile application.
- Charges for returned deposit items and other transactions apply.
The Standard Deposit Limit is up to $1,000 per day. Other limits may be approved on a case by case basis. There is not a restriction on the number of checks deposited per day or month.
10:00 AM – 4:00 PM CST Monday – Friday (Business Days), any deposit after 4 PM CST will be considered for the next business days deposit.
- You must write a restrictive endorsement on the back of the check prior to using mobile deposit. The restrictive endorsement must say: For Mobile Deposit Only, Account #_______. Make sure you sign the check.
- After successful submission, you should write “Mobile Deposited” conspicuously on the front of the check, and not attempt to deposit it again anywhere. Campus Credit Union recommends members retain these checks for 10 days after deposit, then destroy the check.
A 3-day hold may be placed on each check deposited, based on review of the check.
Deposit Status Alerts
If you’ve provided an active email address, you will receive alerts notifying you of approved deposits, rejected deposits and holds that may affect funds availability.
What is Eligible for Deposit
Only checks payable to account holders are eligible for deposit.
What Is Not Eligible for Deposit / Reasons Mobile Deposit May be Denied
- Checks payable to others; checks payable to cash
- Checks missing signature of issuer or incomplete in any way
- Checks missing endorsement
- Checks post-dated or more than 6 months old
- Foreign checks and items not payable in US Currency
- Traveler’s checks, money orders, postal money orders and US Treasury checks or bonds
- Checks that exceed your available deposit limit
- Check that is non-negotiable
- Duplicate check
- Poor image quality
Campus Credit Union reserves the right to change, suspend or discontinue service, in whole or in part, or the use of the service, in whole or in part, immediately and at any time without prior notice.
Campus Credit Union also reserves the right to reject any item transmitted through this Service, at our discretion, and we may limit the amount or number of items you can deposit with this service in a day or in a given period of time. If we doubt the collectability, we may place holds until funds are received from the institution it is drawn upon.
Campus Credit Union is not liable for items we do not receive or for images that are not transmitted completely.
If an item you transmit for deposit is dishonored, rejected or otherwise returned unpaid, you agree that we may charge back the amount of the return to the account the check was originally deposited to and you may be assessed a fee as disclosed. If there are not sufficient funds in your account to cover the amount of the returned check, the account will be overdrawn, and you will be responsible for payment or related fees.
Campus Credit Union’s liability for errors or omissions with respect to the data transmitted or printed by Campus Credit Union will be limited to correcting the errors or omissions. You agree to your personal responsibility to ensure the security of the personal computer and/or mobile device you own and use to access the Service, which includes the security of any wireless or internet service or network you may be utilizing. You agree that Campus Credit Union will not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to damages for lost profits, goodwill, use data or other losses resulting from use of the Service, inability to use the services, or termination of the services, incurred by you or any third party, regardless of the form of action or claim (whether contract, tort, strict liability or otherwise) even if Campus Credit Union has been informed of the possibility thereof. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Campus Credit Union from any loss for breach of the warranty provision, such that you warrant to Campus Credit Union that:
- You will only transmit eligible items that are properly endorsed.
- Images will meet the image quality standards.
- You will not transmit duplicate items.
- You will not deposit or re-present the original item once it has been scanned and sent through this Service unless specifically requested to do so by Campus Credit Union.
- All information you provide to Campus Credit Union is accurate and true.
- Campus Credit Union will not sustain a loss because you have deposited an image.
- You will comply with the original and any subsequent provisions of the Agreement and all applicable rules, laws and regulations.”